Posted 4 months ago
We save the environment while saving people money!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Installs and monitors performance of installed electrical equipment for hazards, adjustments, or replacement.
- Repairs, installs, replaces, and tests electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances using appropriate tools and testing instruments.
- Leads, guides, and/or trains other electricians in applicable procedures and techniques.
- Repairs and maintains motor control centers and programmable logic controls (1000 volt and below).
- Plans electrical secondary system additions or modifications.
- May perform work of lower level electricians.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Reads, employs, and updates electrical panel schedules.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- High school diploma or GED; at least 10 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Possession of a current Louisiana or Florida Electrical Master Electrician License
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of secondary electrical systems including planning additions or modifications on secondary circuits.
- Ability to use appropriate tools and diagnostic equipment to repair, install, replace, and test 1000 volt and below electrical circuits, equipment and appliances.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to diagnose and repair electrical controls, industrial motor control centers, and programmable logic controllers for secondary systems 1000 volt and below.
- Ability to lead and train staff and/or students.
- Ability to read commercial electrical blueprints and apply NEC through the full range of commercial and industrial maintenance and construction work.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to install and maintain motors, welding equipment, lighting fixtures, generators, circuit breakers, and transformers as appropriate to the position.
- Ability to isolate defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment.
|Job Category||Master Electrician|